Monday 7 November 2011

Frog blog.

I could offer a multitude of reasons as to why I think the fishing was so bad this weekend; suffice to say it resulted in my first blank in a while. So rather than bore any readers with the sordid details of my difficult relationship with the Warwickshire Avon, I thought it would be more interesting to post this picture of the large frog that resides in my garden pond; I happened upon this little fellow during his morning jaunt whilst I was grubbing round in my pumpkin patch a few weeks ago. Enjoy!

"ribbit"

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if you've noticed from my blog, but I'm a herpetologist. Frogs are always interesting to me. It's very cool to see one from across the pond. That appears to be a Common Frog (Rana temporaria).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you liked the picture Jay :) I had noted that you were a herp man. We don't have that many species of snakes, Lizards and frogs/toads here in the UK. But as anglers we are fortunate to come across them now and again on the bank.
    A good friend and fishing buddy of mine Rob is an ecologist and is currently working for the Durrell foundation on a project to remove non native Iguanas from ST Lucia and also on a side project to track down a very rare species of snake that only exists on one tiny inlet of another island near to St Lucia. You two would have a lot to talk about as the only thing he loves as much as fishing is grubbing round for snakes in the undergrowth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grubbing around for snakes is about the only thing that I love as much as fishing. Sounds like Rob and I have something in common.

    ReplyDelete