Roasting
-
About two hours ago, a tiny dribble of rain drifted across Ludlow. It
instantly freshened the air; the droplets covered the entire ground
surface, it ...
The River Severn - Moles and Melee's
-
Saturday was one of those days where my twin brother Chris was living his
best life somewhere down in Westward Ho! attending an all-day rave.
Apparently th...
Staffordshire Tame Double, That's A Wrap!!
-
32.....
.....Well, what can I say that hasn't already been said, my first ever
visit to the S.Tame, the Trent' biggest contributor was a blazing succ...
02/08/2026 - Metal magic
-
A combined birthday and anniversary celebration involving several pints of
Wye Valley Brewey’s excellent "Butty Bach" put paid to any ideas of a
morning se...
July 2026
-
Didn't fish much this month... one of my kids got married, and family time
was more important.
Still, I managed to get out a few times.
Caught some Gra...
Spring & 2/3rds of Summer
-
Not a lot to report since my last update in March.
I didn't fish at all in the traditional closed season.
Prolonged periods of warm, dry weather and pa...
Crescono le nuove leve
-
Sono passati circa 14 anni da quando ho appeso le canne al chiodo, da
quando è nato il mio primogenito. Ora la prole ha, appunto, 14 e 11 anni e
posso di...
It's Been A While.
-
It's been seven years come March since I last sat down and wrote on these
pages, it wasn't that I didn't want to write anything, I was just out of
the hab...
Winter Chub Tactics by Harry Pardoe
-
When winter sets in and most species become harder to catch the good old
Chub can become an Angler’s best friend. It doesn’t seem to matter how bad
the wea...
Winter Inter - Lude
-
Each Spring the Wild Trout Trust holds an auction of donated lots for its
major, annual fund raiser. Lots vary from items of tackle, to entire
fishing hol...
The Pre and Post Christmas Rush
-
PRE-CHRISTMAS
Sinking into the marsh, subsequent steps no deeper than before but each
consistently sucked in by the peat-like soil, slowed the walk but...
In DÉ KARPERWERELD
-
Dé Karperwereld 127 is uit met daarin het door mij geschreven artikel *Terugblik
naar Franse avonturen*. In dit verhaal beschrijf ik hoe ik ondanks een
e...
Almost There!
-
Well it's that time of year again, when anticipation of the new brown trout
season only a mere 24 hours away got the club members out onto the banks
but no...
Tales from the river Lot 2 - film
-
Afgelopen november vertrok ik weer naar Frankrijk voor een nieuw avontuur
met Wouter op de boot. Het vervolg op het eerste deel van Tales from the
river ...
Taff Grayling and Trout
-
I'm not sure the advertising gurus at Starbucks had thought this one
through!? It did amuse us though when we called in for a coffee on our way
to South ...
My Season of 2018
-
*As the year draws to a close I'm reflecting on what has been another
voyage of fishing discoveries combined with a good dose of familiar
routines that hav...
He's back!
-
Fishing again
I thought I would regret shifting 850kg of decorative stone in a couple of
hours on Friday afternoon, prior to my attending a charity fishin...
"Guiding"
-
Been helping good friends get on fish the last three trips. Took KayakKevin
aka DrumJesus aka WhitewaterWhitley aka Kevin Whitley to one of my favorite
tid...
Unfinished Business - Numbskulls
-
I have a great deal of never-published-material in the IQ archive. This
article was probably worth putting your way at the time of writing. But I
started, ...
Looking Back and Looking Forward
-
Well its time for a round up of last year and it was eventful for the first
6 months of the year then it all sort of went down hill.
I decided early on ...
I'm Back
-
The clanging of agricultural gates and rutted roadways. The dodging of the
cow pat and nervously passing my bovine companions. Pigeons arguing among
the...
A Suriname Adventure.
-
Each January for the past several years I have travelled to South America
along with Joe Taylor and other likeminded anglers. Joe is the linchpin
having ...
December Predators
-
So December started with my now annual pairs lure match which I organise on
the Trent and Mersey canal each year. This year it was kindly sponsored by
ec...
Long time no see...
-
Must apologise firstly for the lack of updates, most, if not all of my
fishing write ups have gone towards my new book. It is now complete and
should be pu...
Spring fishing
-
What can you possibly say about spring fishing?
Wendy with an 18 lber from carpcon2
Big gravel bar fish
Flycarpin getting it done at carpcon2
I got a few...
Spring fishin
-
Fishing is good. Weather is a fantastic. Fishing from the SF Bay beaches
and rocks for Stripers has been soilid this Spring if you can time the
tides area...
A specialist anglers year, part one
-
Despite my best intentions to try and resurrect my writing at the start of
last year it all went to pot I'm afraid. After taking over the new business
we r...
2016 Diary - The End
-
*Date:* Sunday 13th March 2016
*Venue:* River Tone, Somerset
It might not be final day until tomorrow, but today was my last chance to
cast a line on runni...
Been a while!
-
It's been a while since my last post and no excuses I just haven't had the
time, family and work commitments are keeping me away from the bank, I can
jus...
Autumn is coming...
-
As the fans of the fantasy writer George R. R. Martin are no doubt aware,
Autumn is coming! Given the sorry state of Czech rivers this is welcome
news, eve...
Check it..
-
I post a bit on face book these days and have a "This Angling Life" face
book page. It's far easier to use than blogger especially on a mobile or
tablet...
Seriously!?
-
The bloggers challenge is working it's magic...
More spare time, more opportunity for reconnecting with our glorious
English countryside and the motivation...
Still alive and kicking. Well - alive at least
-
As I look back over the past decade, i realize that I go through a
metamorphosis of sorts every couple of years. I dive into something -
fossilling, for e...
Early morning double
-
My last session was again on the wonderful Wye, I arrived just before dawn
with a plan of fishing as the first rays of light for the day were popping
over ...
Suspenders!
-
Now that the rivers are forbidden, we have to turn our attentions to lakes,
pools and canals. There's a very small pool 5 minutes drive away which,
despite...
The Ups & Downs of Life and Angling
-
This week i managed a day off and a trip to a favourite river that was at a
reasonable level. First cast and i got this nice mid-double then lost a
smaller...
The land that time forgot
-
You could be forgiven if you know nothing about Ashton-under-Lyne. I live
just three miles from this quite large town and until a cruel illness
rendered m...
Pulp Fly: Volume Three
-
Pulp Fly Volume Three is now available with a collection of stories from a
diverse group of writers.
*Read on. *
Introduction by Michael Gracie
Cover art ...
Late Afternoon Troll
-
We had a few hours to kill late in the afternoon and decided we needed to
go for a fish.
It was rough as guts and we only got one Spanish Mackerel, but we ...
Chilly Chubbing in January
-
Over the last month I have been predominantly focusing on the Warwickshire
Avon around my local area. To say that the weather has effected this has
been a...
Roaming Free - Mexican Adventures - 2012
-
Show Me How To Live - Audioslave
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekEQ1v6SUtg
Here Comes The Sun - George Harrison
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXDHlFrM16...
Now where was I ????
-
Probably fishing I expect ......
Well I have finally found time to tidy up the last couple of weeks and
bring my blog up to date at last.
Firstly the closi...
nice eyes... very beautiful..
ReplyDeleteBest Alaska Fishing Tackle 3 Rivers Fly & Tackle Mike Hudson
woah, at first glance you will never thought it's an eye... nice picture anyway
ReplyDeleteBest Expressive Woods - Plank Flooring | Direct Importer, view site
What camera did you use? Very nice!
ReplyDeleteIts a bit scary at first, then you realize that its only an eye. lol
ReplyDeleteNice capture of a fish eye.
ReplyDeleteNice shot! Keep on posting good photos.
ReplyDeleteI didn't recognize it at first! Haha! Nice!
ReplyDeleteWow! Amazing picture you have!
ReplyDeletecool. What amazing blog.
ReplyDeleteGreat job! Keep it up
ReplyDeletewhat an eye... kinda scary
ReplyDeleteA little bit scary.
ReplyDeleteThis is very discomforting.
ReplyDeleteYeah it looks creepy but I still find it creative.
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting!
ReplyDeleteAmazing photograph of fish's eye.
ReplyDeleteWow this is awesome! to think that fish eye is so small and this photo is in high quality.
ReplyDeletea clear shot of the eye
ReplyDeleteI'll go capture one.
ReplyDeleteIt's a kind of art though only few will appreciate.
ReplyDeleteThanks For Sharing the wonderful article that's really helpful for my references.
ReplyDeleteRetreat Center Washington
Thanks for sharing wonderful information of giving best information. Its more useful and more helpful. Great doing keep sharing.
ReplyDeleteBest deals IC Shoretel Support
I hope to see more of it. Interesting.
ReplyDelete